Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What Does This Mean?

Smatchu?! Understood to native southerners familiar with Ebonics. And a useful word when trying to ask “What is the matter with you?” It has evolved slowly being cut off and pronounced, “what’s da matta wi choo?” Then smattawhichoo and now the ultimate abbreviated version is “Smatchu.”
I find myself needing to use this word to describe my complete confusion at mine and all our oddities. I’m sure my blog will evolve into other topics but this theme drives me to a public announcement- the Smatchu blog.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

hooray for the long-awaited blog!

Penelope Celeste said...

I love, love, LOVE it!!! I will forever remember how hilarious it was when you first said "smatchoo" and how Holly was almost peeing her pants! =) xox

Anonymous said...

A
chip off the old block....excuse me,but has someone said that before? A
true Conley-outside the box logic. I couldn't help but love it. The old blocks name, of
course is Tucker!

Rich Sanders said...

Ok, I did it. I commented on your whole blog. Your turn.