Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Little Less Conversation and a Little More Education...for YOU please.

I went to school at Utah State University. Go Aggies! Go Hippies! Go out of state Mormons that didn’t go to BYU! Logan. It’s beautiful. It’s a great many lovely things, although Logan does have an issue of Pollution because of its geographical location. And on these red alert days that are especially unhealthy for us to be breathing, we exert most of our carbon dioxide talking about ‘Did you hear how bad the air is today?’ You will not get through the TSC (equivalent to the WILK) without hearing it. Certain activities are avoided and events sometimes canceled. So it’s a big deal. Okay, now you’ve been prefaced.
No one will believe me. The situation is so standup comedy that you’d swear I stole it. So for what you think my integrity is worth, what you are about to read is true and is of my own ears. (I heard it first.)
I’m walking through the TSC and exiting out the doors of the Hub. I’m weaving through the outside tables and pick up a side conversation between two bearded, beanie hat guys. The one says, “Yea, I’m not going to sit outside and watch them today because of the air.” I wasn’t sure, but I looked back and both of them had cigarettes to their lips.” Right. I know!
“Ya man, I’m not going out there either. “ (Puff Puff)
I felt like I should go tell them. How did they miss this bit of education? As I kept walking I daydreamed of twisting my torso around and shaking my finger, “No no. You don’t get to participate in the bad air Logan days conversations. You have to be quiet and hope no one calls you out on your own lil contribution to the air. “
These are those that are just trying to fit in, I guess. They didn’t want to be left out on the first smoke back in eighth grade and they certainly don’t want to be left out of the Logan Pollution talk. And now their efforts have cancelled each other out. And all I wanna do is (besides take your money) is back hand’em upside the head and say, "Smatchoo!?"

3 comments:

Penelope Celeste said...

HahahaHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Oh my gosh... I almost died laughing at your pic about how Mormons don't get drunk... and yet, you look so wasted in that pic! I love it! You are hilarious... I miss it!

Tyann said...

Hannah, you are so funny! I haven't seen you in ages! How is Logan, other than bad air and stupid people? :) Is that a picture of Marianna? Cause I know you don't have kids yet, do you?? It's been way to long since I've seen any of your family! Say hi to Caroline if you see her.

Ryan Malnar said...

It's great to remember the good ole days in Logan.Hilarious. Go AGGIES!